[Tweeters] Shillapoo Lake, Clark County - BOBOLINKs

Kevin Black kevblack787 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 18:06:45 PDT 2017

Hello All,

I headed straight after work to Shillapoo. At Shillapoo I re-found Jim's
Sanderling and there was a second Sanderling as well. The Snowy Egret
made an appearance on my way back home at the Port of Vancouver pond (which
is adjacent from Boise Cascade if you look on google maps). I scoped the
Snowy Egret from parking the car on the main road-if you do this make sure
to use the gravel/dirt pull off on the South side of the road (closest to
the river). There is a gravel pull off to the East of the pond on the North
side of lower river road that you can use a scope to see the Great Egrets
but since the Snowy is significantly smaller the angle may be bad from that
gravel road.

Great finds Jim!

Good Birding,

Kevin Black