[Tweeters] O.T. Choosing a less expensive camera to photograph distant birds

pat.mary.taylor pat.mary.taylor at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 13:42:09 PDT 2017

Hi

I recommend the Canon SX50 highly. I use it as a scope these days on foreign holidays, light and powerful and convenient. Zoom in and take a picture then increase size again to identify and save for memories. The newer Canon SX60 is not as good (I have been told) as the older SX50 that is still available with some searching. Pictures of THE gull are in the link below were taken from the south end of the Edmonds Pier at some 300 yards. A collection of shots taken at varying distances is found on the next link. In good light, the best range is some 30-40 feet.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Y22HbJeFgIlv1v8y2

https://goo.gl/photos/yiA2MiTBUxroWVZs5

Keith Taylor
Victoria BC