[Tweeters] Edmonds Marsh, 9-10-17

Izzy & Kendrick gobirder at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 17:23:40 PDT 2017

Hi everyone,

Yesterday, after once again checking out The Gull at Wells Point, we decided to head out to Edmonds for some extra birding.
The Edmonds Marsh offered some decent views of shorebirds, including:
KILLDEER - ~10
SHORT-BILLED DOWITCHER - 1
SANDERLING - 1
WESTERN SANDPIPER - ~15
LEAST SANDPIPER - 1
PECTORAL SANDPIPER- 1
There might have been larger numbers of each or other shorebirds that we missed due to bad glare.

In addition, we spotted several BARN SWALLOWS flying low and perching on wires. There were also at least 5 GREAT BLUE HERONS in grassy areas around the mudflats.

At a brief stop at the public pier, we were able to find quite a few gulls: HEERMANN’S, OLYMPIC and GLAUCOUS-WINGED. One PELAGIC CORMORANT, and a pair (m,f) of BELTED KINGFISHERS were also seen.

I hope the STGU is found again for those who are still planning to get their first look.

izzy wong
seattle wa
gobirder at gmail.com