[Tweeters] Yakima Co. Black Phoebe

Eric Heisey magicman32 at rocketmail.com
Thu Sep 14 11:20:49 PDT 2017

Hey all,

Yesterday afternoon I discovered a Black Phoebe along Lateral C Rd on the Toppenish NWR. It has been hanging around the southern most bridge that crosses Toppenish Creek. Yesterday it seemed o favor the east side of the bridge, but this morning it has been calling and flycatching from the west side of the bridge further off the road. This is only the second county record, the first in 28 years! I've looked at the eBird reports for this species and it appears to be only the second record for all of eastern Washington as well! I am still watching the bird as of 11:13 am.

Also of note, in my yard this morning was a Black-throated Gray Warbler (a rare visitor to the lower Yakima Valley) and a California Scrub-Jay (yard bird!).

Good birding,

Eric Heisey

Sent from my iPhone

.