[Tweeters] Volunteers Needed for Puget Sound Seabird Survey

Toby Ross TobyR at seattleaudubon.org
Fri Sep 15 12:45:17 PDT 2017

WANTED: Birders for Puget Sound Seabird Survey

As we draw near to the launch of the 11th season of the Puget Sound Seabird Survey on October 7th, we are still in need of some volunteers for some specific survey sites around the Puget Sound.

Specifically, we need volunteers to cover the following sites:

- Outer Quartermaster Harbor - Vashon Is., King County

- Lisabeula Park - Vashon Is., King County

- Kopachuck - near Rosedale, Pierce County

- Raft Island (two sites) - near Rosedale, Pierce County

- Narrows Park - near Tacoma, Pierce County

- Gig Harbor Spit - Gig Harbor, Pierce County

- Sunrise Beach County Park - Gig Harbor, Pierce County

- Port Williams - near Sequim, Clallam County

- Ediz Hook (two sites) - Port Angeles, Clallam County

- Elwha River West - near Port Angeles, Clallam County

- Salt Creek Recreation Area - near Port Angeles, Clallam County

- Twin River - near Pysht, Clallam County

- Pillar Point - near Pysht, Clallam County

Surveys are conducted on the first Saturday of the month, October through April. Volunteers ideally should be comfortable identifying seabird species, or willing to learn. Survey protocol trainings are offered around the region. Training details and more information can be found at www.seabirdsurvey.com<http://www.seabirdsurvey.com>. If you're interested, please reach out to Toby Ross at tobyr at seattleaudubon.org<mailto:tobyr at seattleaudubon.org>.

Toby Ross
Science Manager
Seattle Audubon Society
(206) 523-8243 ext. 102