[Tweeters] Arrivals: Varied Thrush pair, goldfinches

Tucker, Trileigh TRI at seattleu.edu
Tue Sep 19 12:43:36 PDT 2017

Hi Tweets,

Yesterday I was returning home from a walk to Lowman Beach (West Seattle) and came upon a Varied Thrush pair bathing in a puddle. Then just now at my sunflower-seed feeder, at least three juvenile/female goldfinches showed up. I didn’t have optics handy so couldn’t get a great look at them, but two looked scruffy (juveniles?) and one looked more polished (female?). First-of-season for both species!

Good birding to all,
Trileigh

Trileigh Tucker
Pelly Valley, West Seattle