[Tweeters] Parasitic Jaegers continue at Point Roberts

Eric Ellingson abriteway at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 19 20:23:24 PDT 2017

Despite the rain and generally poor lighting for photos, I did pull off a few shots while watching a pair of Parasitic Jaegers harass mostly Bonaparte's Gulls who were actively feeding in loose flocks at the water's surface.

I've couple photos showing the top and bottom sides of the jaeger, one chasing a gull with a fish, and another where two jaegers are chasing a gull that has dropped its fish with one jaeger about to catch it. Good fun and maybe a new county bird or at least the best viewing I've ever had.

Viewed from the Lighthouse Marine Park, Point Roberts, WA.

Click the link and scroll thru the four jaeger photos described above.

https://flic.kr/p/YC6PUf

[X]Parasitic Jaeger<https://flic.kr/p/YC6PUf>
Top side. I watched the jaegers for about 2 hours on and off chasing mostly Bonaparte's Gulls who were actively feeding off the water in a rather tight flock.

[https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4420/37164509562_22f010c830_b.jpg] <https://www.flickr.com/photos/ericellingson/37164509562/>
[https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4420/37164509562_22f010c830_b.jpg]

Eric Ellingson