[Tweeters] Where are the female flickers?

Peggy Mundy peggy_busby at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 20 13:22:00 PDT 2017

I am sure there is a simple explanation for this, hoping someone can enlighten me.
I have flickers in my yard year-round.  It suddenly occurred to me that every flicker I have seen at my feeders recently (i.e., for at least the past couple of weeks) has been male, based on the red "moustache."  Where have the female flickers gone?  I had both males and females earlier in the summer.  Thanks.  (Murphy's law dictates that within moments of me sending this message, female flickers will return to the feeders, I'll risk it. Hahaha).
Peggy MundyBothell, WApeggy_busbyATyahooDOTcom