[Tweeters] four firsts-of-fall at Butyl Creek today

Ed Newbold ednewbold1 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 20 19:09:40 PDT 2017

Hi all,
Delia and I had four first-of-fall birds come to bathe at Butyl Creek, our 15 ft. recirculating creek on residential Beacon Hill, Seattle.
They were Golden-crowned Sparrow, Lincoln's Sparrow, Yellow-rumped Warbler and Hermit Thrush.  We also had continuing Yellow Warbler, an Orange-crowned Warbler and a pair of Red-breasted Nuthatches that bathe every day. Fox Sparrows arrived last week but didn't show up today.

We had Western-Scrub and no Stellers Jay today.  I figure that here in the city is ground zero if this aggressive southerner is going to push out the Stellers.  Delia noticed a Steller's bathing the other day in silence. Silence from a Steller's Jay?  Uh-oh!
Best,
Ed Newbold