[Tweeters] Lapland Longspur on Boe Rd.

Philip Dickinson pdickins at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 16:36:55 PDT 2017

This morning, Joanne Dial and I got a brief look at the Lapland Longspur at
the end of Boe Rd. near Stanwood. Good enough for an ID, but no chance for
a photo before it flew from the berry brambles near the road to the area
about 30 yards to the south. Huge wave of migrating Violet-green Swallows,
some Vaux Swifts, Merlin, American Kestrel, young Northern Harrier, a group
of six Common Ravens, lots of Savannah Sparrows. I got a good look at only
one American Pipit. Other sparrows were Song, Lincoln's, White-crowned,
Golden-crowned.

Phil Dickinson