[Tweeters] Washington Ornithological Society monthly meetings

Jim Danzenbaker jdanzenbaker at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 07:10:00 PDT 2017

Hi Tweeters,

We're happy to announce that we open our 2017-18 monthly meeting season
with Washington's top Naturalist, Dennis Paulson. WOS members know Dennis
as their teacher and mentor through his long career at the Slater Museum,
the Master Birder program, and his field guides on shorebirds,
dragonflies. On Monday, October 2 his focus will be Florida.

" It's not winter yet, but as the days shorten and the temperature drops,
our thoughts turn toward lower latitudes. Join Dennis Paulson on a trip he
and his wife made to southern Florida last December. Birds were abundant,
not surprisingly, as were so many other forms of wildlife—lizards and
turtles and butterflies and dragonflies—that disappear from our state in
winter. Enjoy a photo-illustrated tour of Florida, from manatees and
dolphins at Crystal River to Great White Herons and White-crowned Pigeons
in the Florida Keys"

WOS meetings are the first Monday of months Oct.-June at the Center For
Urban Horticulture 3501 NE 41st St, Seattle
<https://maps.google.com/?q=3501+NE+41st+St,+Seattle&entry=gmail&source=g>.
Social time begins at 7 pm, formal program begins at 7:30. All are
welcome. (January Meeting conflicts with New Year's and will be
rescheduled with early notice).

Jean Trent WOS

--
Jim Danzenbaker