[Tweeters] Western Scrub-Jays

Devon Comstock devonc78 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 15:47:29 PDT 2017

So I was aware that AOU split Western scrub jay into two species, a
California and Woodhouse scrub jay, but their range map seems to leave
interior scrub jays in no man's land, so is any scrub jay in Washington or
Oregon a California scrub jay now? I personally have a hard time keeping up
with all this splitting and lumping.

http://www.audubon.org/news/here-are-biggest-changes-aou-checklist-north-american-birds

Thanks
Devon Comstock