[Tweeters] migrating geese over Samish Flats -- and Varied Thrush

Kristi Hein khc at picturesandwords.com
Sat Sep 30 18:06:29 PDT 2017

Hi Tweeters,

This afternoon as we were driving north on Bayview-Edison Road, we
spotted a large (hundreds) flock of geese flying southward, very high.
Probably Snow Geese, from the formation (or rather thestreaming, fluid
lack of formation), but too high to tell. First big migration we've seen
this fall.

In other news (sad), an Anacortes friend sent photos of a Varied Thrush
killed in a windowstrike. Sad-- and early for a VATH arrival. I hope
it's a sign that we'll have here them again this winter, because we had
/none/ last winter.

Good birding,
Kristi Hein

Anacortes