[Tweeters] Reply First Bird 2019 Barred Owl: Question

T. Stokes tlstokeslmp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 12:35:57 PST 2019

There is a mated pair of barred owls with a nest near my cabin. Did not hear them last night but have a question: what is the breeding cycle for barred owls in our area? They have been consistently vocalizing almost every night and recently twice in one night. Are they busy mating or laying eggs right now? About when are their eggs hatching? I hear GHO’s are ahead in their nesting cycle. We’re lucky and get to see fledglings practicing flying runs and sometimes peering into the cabin window.

TL. Stokes
Redmond

Sent from my iPhone