[Tweeters] ID help?

Byers byers345 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 1 15:51:17 PST 2019

Hello Tweeters,

Happy New Year and here is my first request for ID help for the year. Bill
and I were down at the Edmonds waterfront this morning, and he took this
distant shot of an alcid just so I could confirm my ID. I thought it was a
juvenile Pigeon Guillemot, and it may be, but when I looked at the photo, it
seemed like this bird's back was too black. The photos online show a bird
with more black and white on the back. Also, the bill on this bird seemed
thicker than illustrations and photos. So, is it a Pigeon Guillemot? Or
something else?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29258421@N07/32688838898/in/dateposted-public/

Thanks in advance for your help. Charlotte Byers, Edmonds