[Tweeters] Edmonds marsh coot carcass 1-7-19

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 22:23:10 PST 2019

Monday afternoon (1-7-19) was bright and sunny, so my son and I went down to the marsh.The carcass of a coot was lying between the board walk leading out to the #1 viewing platform and the fence for the doggie daycare.

I do not see many coots at the marsh and when I do, they are swimming in Willow Creek on the far south side. How the coot died and how the carcass got where it is remains a mystery to me.  I could find no evidence of it being dismantled and eaten by a predator.

Photos can be seen by scrolling down page one of this thread.
http://www.pnwphotos.com/forum/index.php?threads/birds-of-edmonds-wa-2019.20481/
 Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA