[Tweeters] RFI Iceland

HAL MICHAEL ucd880 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 12 16:30:27 PST 2019

We were there last September, which was too late for breeders but some hung around ling enough. Been told that June is probably best for the breeding seabirds. Check out the Birding Iceland website. They point out a lot of places to see most of the specialties. A guide would be a good idea.

The western. northwestern quadrant is probably best/birdiest. There is a whale watching trip that has great luck with the Sea Eagle.

We had a company set up the ground accommodations, which were all pretty nice. I can sent the name if you want. Lots of spectacular scenery and coastline. Iceland is expensive.

Should also note that I spent a day chasing Brown Trout and Arctic Char. A flock of Harlequins entertained us most of the day.

Hal Michael
Science Outreach Director, Sustainable Fisheries Foundation
Olympia WA
360-459-4005
360-791-7702 (C)
ucd880 at comcast.net