[Tweeters] Upadate on Victoria Ferry

Josh Adams xjoshx at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 17:25:38 PST 2019

Hello Jane and Tweeters,
I was a bit saddened and surprised to read your post regarding the
operating dates of the Anacortes to Sidney run. I've taken that ferry
numerous times in the spring and have loved the experience.

With all do respect to the employee you talked to on the phone, I suspect
they are mistaken. The Anacortes-Sidney ferry ran from April to January
according to last years schedule. During the 4/1-6/24 and 9/30-1/5 time
tables there is one round trip run a day (leaving at 8:30am from
Anacortes). There are two runs a day in the summer.

Last year's spring and fall schedules:
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/pdf/2018spring.pdf
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/pdf/2018fall.pdf

If they were looking at these schedules to reference your question it might
be easy to mis the international run since it's somewhat buried in the
other Anacortes sailings. I could find no news mention of any changes in
the BC or local press regarding any changes, which I would imagine would be
newsworthy. Hopefully the spring 2019 schedule will prove me right.

I can't recommend the Anacortes to Sidney run enough. It's an absolutely
wonderful ride through some of Washington's most scenic places.
The Tsawassen run, by contrast is very, very bland and boring. BC has a
fantastic ferry system, but that run is not its highlight.

Josh Adams
Cathcart, WA