[Tweeters] Okanogan Trip

Dick dick at dkporter.net
Fri Jan 18 12:36:38 PST 2019

>From the WOS website:

WOS Okanogan Highlands/Waterville Plateau Winter Trip - Leader Shep Thorp

February 16, 2019 6:00 am - February 18, 2019 10:00 am

Field Trip

2 Days 4 Hours

Join Shep Thorp for winter birding in the Okanogan Highlands and Waterville
Plateau. We'll be staying at the Omak Inn in Omak Friday night February
15th, and birding our way home Monday February the 18th. Hot spots to
explore include Havillah, Sno-Park, Hungry Hollow Rd, Nealy Rd, Chesaw, Mary
Ann Creek Rd, Pontiac Ridge, Scotch Creek Wildlife Area, Conconully, Cameron
Lake Road, Timentwa Flats, Brewster/Bridgeport Area, West Foster Creek
Wildlife Area (Central Ferry Canyon, Bridgeport Hill Rd), Mansfield,
Waterville plateau and Waterville. Target species include Sharp-tailed
Grouse, Gray Partridge, Chukar, Rough-legged Hawk, Great Gray Owl,
Long-eared Owl, Northern Saw-whet Owl, Snowy Owl, American Three-toed
Woodpecker, White-headed Woodpecker, Gyrfalcon, Prairie Falcon, Bohemian
Waxwing, Pygmy Nuthatch, American Tree Sparrow, two subspecies of Horned
Lark, Lapland Longspur, Snow Bunting, Gray-crowned Rosy-finch, Pine
Grosbeak, and Common Redpoll.

Our trip will start Saturday morning 2/16 at 6:00 a.m. at the Omak Inn
Office and finish Monday afternoon 2/18 at 3:00 p.m. in Waterville. Please
contact Shep Thorp at <mailto:shepthorp at gmail.com> shepthorp at gmail.com or
call 253-370-3742.

<http://maps.google.com/?q=912+Koala+Dr+Omak%2C++WA+98841+USA> View Map

Omak Inn Office912 Koala DrOmak, WA 98841 USA