[Tweeters] WOS Monthly Monday Meeting Feb. 4, 2019

Jean Trent jean.trent at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 16:03:11 PST 2019

WOS welcomes everyone to attend our Feb. 4 Seattle meeting.

Christi Norman, Audubon Washington’s Eastern WA Program Director, will
talk about the 2018 accomplishments of the Sagebrush Songbird Survey
<http://wa.audubon.org/conservation/working-lands>, a partnership among
Audubon WA, local chapters, and Washington Dept. of Fish and Wildlife. Now
in its 6th year, over 200 volunteers have collected field data and posted
that data to eBird. The data is incorporated into the WDFW Priority
Habitats and Species database, a legally-recognized source for best
available science in our state. Cynthia Easterson, the local Puget Team
lead, will assist her and will highlight Sagebrush Songbird Survey training
and field participation opportunities for WOS members, as part of the Puget
Team’s contribution to the larger project.
Monthly meetings take place at the Center for Urban Horticulture, 3501 NE
41st St, Seattle. Coffee and social time begin at 7 p.m. Speakers at 7:30
pm. The talk is free and there will be information about membership in
Washington Ornithological Society.