[Tweeters] We're dancing to the Tennessee Waltz

Ed Newbold ednewbold1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 14:27:59 PST 2019

Hi Cara, Sam, Ryan, Mary A and everyone,

We've got two versions of the Tennessee Waltz here, one by Sam Cooke and one by Emmy Lou Harris, that we are dancing to right now but what might be more relevant to the group is that we seem to have a bird that could be developing a routine.
We have six sightings, and today's came at a time Sam Terry was here on a planned 12:30-1:30 pm stakeout.  This time the bird seemed much more leisurely in its approach (although I wasn't able to get a single shot, but that's never unusual, and the bird again sped away when it was done bathing).  Sam was quite impressed, as we were again, by how bright the green on the back was and suggested it's likely a male. We were thrilled to have a happy stakeout customer!
We now have 3 sightings at about 1 pm, including 2 of the last three days, and another at 12:25 pm. If interested, it would seem like 12:00 to 1:30 might be about the best time to be on the driveway of our house or standing very very quietly and still (I blab too much, I won't be there) right behind the house against the back wall below the bedroom window, where Sam was (there's a chair there and chairs set up on the driveway, but standing might be better).  The light isn't too great from there but the field of view is excellent and being there doesn't seem to disturb the birds--including the guest of honor.

So rsvp, anyone, to this email address,  ednewbold1 at yahoo.com
residential Beacon Hill,
Ed Newbold and Delia Scholes

(PS In case anyone is just onto this thread, it's about a Tennessee Warbler)