[Tweeters] Seattle's Montlake Fill Monday

pan panmail at mailfence.com
Mon Jan 28 20:47:16 PST 2019

Hi, Tweets,

I spent a few hours around the Fill this morning, seeing no chickadees with extra white on their heads nor elsewhere, but the immature male Red-winged Blackbird with extensive white outer tail and nearby feathers was among the tens visiting the feeders around 38th and Surber. A flock of around 60 was vying for access for awhile. I saw about six chickadees there, and more on my wandering. I also saw a pair of Trumpeter Swans in the lake, a female Ruddy Duck in the slough near the play fields, and a couple of Northern Pintail in the bay at the mouth of the slough.

28 January, 2019,

Alan Grenon
Seattle