[Tweeters] Goshawk

Charles Easterberg charleseasterberg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 12:40:37 PDT 2022

I had an immature goshawk last week in my Meadowbrook home's front yard oak
tree. It and a squirrel were having a disagreement about something after
which it just sat in the oak for several minutes giving us reasonably good
looks during which I noted eyestripes, overall large size, clear underside
striping but thick and single-feather-looking as opposed to actual stripes,
and tail with irregular cross-striping. Nice-looking bird. Second of year.

FOY was an adult in the very tall cottonwood at NW corner of Meadowbrook
Pond park last spring. Sat for ~20 minutes giving us a nice look.
Charles