[Tweeters] WOS Monthly Meeting, Oct. 3, 7:30 pm, Unexpected Population Trends in Panamanian Rainforest Birds: Complex Webs

meetings at wos.org meetings at wos.org
Mon Sep 19 11:42:44 PDT 2022

The Washington Ornithological Society is delighted to invite you to join
us on Oct. 3 for the first program of the new season to be held on Zoom
(no in-person meeting this month).

James R. Karr, UW Prof. Emeritus in the School of Aquatic and Fishery
Sciences, will present the results of a long-term study he initiated 55
years ago as a Ph.D. student in a large, protected area of central
Panama. This study, involving multiple teams of scientists, volunteers,
grad students and postdocs over a 44-year period, was recently reported
in an article published in the _Proceedings of the National Academy of
Sciences_ [1]. Prof. Karr will talk about the study's results,
including the sometimes surprising patterns they observed. His talk
will also feature photos of the many furtive understory birds captured
with ground-level mist nets over the course of the study.

When? Monday, Oct. 3, 7:30 pm (sign-in begins at 7:15 pm)

WOS Monthly Meetings remain open to all as we continue to welcome the
wider birding community to join us online.

For login information, go to http://wos.org/about-wos/monthly-meetings/.
[2]

While there, if you are not yet a member of WOS, I hope you will
consider becoming one.

Please join us!

Vicki King
WOS Program Coordinator