[Tweeters] What do you have planned for Bird-Safe Seattle Week Oct. 2-8?

Josh Morris joshm at seattleaudubon.org
Tue Sep 27 09:19:53 PDT 2022

Hi Tweets,

The City of Seattle proclaimed Oct. 2-8, 2022, "BIRD-SAFE SEATTLE WEEK<https://seattleaudubon.org/2022/09/19/bird-safe-seattle-week/>." The intention is to recognize the importance of birds in Seattle, to raise awareness of the threats birds face, and to promote action to protect birds.

We've organized a week of outings, classes, presentation, and more to celebrate and protect birds during Bird-Safe Seattle Week, including:

* A free online presentation "Bird-Safe Neighborhoods: Understanding and Preventing Bird-Window Collisions<https://secure.everyaction.com/ii_RXBZuwEOUXKCwH3w3lQ2>" on Oct. 4 from 6-7 pm.
* A free online presentation "Indoor Cats are Happy Cats: Understanding Cat Behavior<https://secure.everyaction.com/1X6bz5Ltt06mjSqxmoi0HA2>" on Oct. 6 from 12-1 pm.
* An online class, "Lights and Wildlife: The Impacts of Artificial Light on Our Wild Neighbors and How We Can Help<https://secure.everyaction.com/anYxsGIaYEi9CfV9ZHdEHA2>" on Oct. 11 from 7-8:30 pm

We're also asking folks to:

* Tell us your personal stories about bird-window collision<https://secure.everyaction.com/6Bhbm56GRES5Z-tJzNGZCQ2>. Has a bird ever hit your window? Share here and help us understand the emotional impact of window collisions.
* Take the "Lights Out" pledge<https://secure.everyaction.com/ME9gQbHDc0O6aclHQuywAg2>. When you do, you'll get a list of resources and resources to help you reduce light impacts on birds and wildlife.
* Email City leaders in support of better urban forest management<https://secure.everyaction.com/3s72hfKq1U2MxTIkMECQjw2>. We've made it easy-in just a few clicks, you can email your Seattle City Councilmembers and the Mayor's office.

There are at least a dozen other bird outings and events, too. The full event list is here<https://seattleaudubon.org/bird-safe-seattle-week/>.

I hope you'll join us in celebrating and protecting birds!

Josh

Joshua Morris (he/him)
Urban Conservation Manager
Seattle Audubon<https://seattleaudubon.org/2022/07/21/moving-from-shameful-legacy-seattle-chapter-to-drop-audubon/>