[Tweeters] FW: Ebird to partner with ChatGPT

Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 06:37:05 PDT 2023

We are excited to announce that eBird.org, the world's largest birding
community, will be partnering with ChatGPT, a powerful language model, to
provide even more accurate and predictive bird lists for birdwatchers
across the globe.

The integration of ChatGPT into eBird.org is a major breakthrough in the
field of birding and citizen science, as it brings together the power of AI
and community science to make birding more accessible and enjoyable for
everyone.

With ChatGPT's cutting-edge technology, eBird.org will be able to analyze
and interpret vast amounts of data on bird sightings and environmental
factors to create highly accurate and personalized bird lists for
birdwatchers. By integrating ChatGPT's machine learning algorithms into our
platform, we aim to provide users with the most up-to-date and accurate
information on where and when to find the birds they are searching for.

We are thrilled to be partnering with eBird.org on this exciting new
initiative and look forward to seeing the impact that it will have on the
birding community. By combining artificial intelligence with the passion
and expertise of birders around the world, we are confident that we can
continue to make amazing discoveries and gain a better understanding of the
natural world. In fact, we are so thrilled that we let ChatGPT write this
announcement!

Cornell Lab of Ornithology www.eBird.org