[Tweeters] Turkey Vultures

Steve Hampton stevechampton at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 13:09:16 PDT 2023

I wholeheartedly agree. Turkey Vultures, in addition to being regular
year-round in western Washington (although relatively sparse in winter),
are definitely a climate change winner so far. I expect them daily now
wherever there is open habitat. They are expanding north and increasing
throughout the northern portions of their range, coast to coast, with few
declines in the south. See eBird's new excellent trend maps, which have
remarkably fine resolution. It shows (for TUVU) their trends in summer
since 2007.
https://science.ebird.org/en/status-and-trends/species/turvul/trends-map

See my graph of their increase in winter as reported by Christmas Bird
Counts in the PNW, at
https://thecottonwoodpost.net/2020/03/09/the-invasion-of-the-pacific-northwest-californias-birds-expand-north-with-warmer-winters/

good birding,

​Steve Hampton​