[Tweeters] Turkey Vultures-

Nelson Briefer nreiferb at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 14:04:23 PDT 2023

Responding to Jim B. Report . I will never say that you are mis-
identifying raptors, unless I am there with you and we are both on the
same hawk. But, I am amazed at your report. Yes, you have a great location
for observing raptors, and I am contemplating the areas of Clear Lake and
Mud Lake and Barney Lake. Understand that I am in the sky every day in many
areas, as I drive, especially in Anacortes areas and once a month to Oak
Harbor. So it is best for me to say that to observe Turkey Vultures in
winter in Burlington and Anacortes and North Whidbey Island, is for me,
equals zero possibilities. However, it was last year or the year before
that I observed my first winter Turkey Vulture perched near Best Road. When
I reported this sighting to Skagit Audubon the response was— WHAT…? Just
the same, I am still interested in your report and the reporting of other
birders. Also, there is no need to clarify your report. The best,
respectfully, Nelson, my message refers to 23 years of living at Deception
Pass and in Anacortes. Nelson Briefer. And I understand that I am only one
person. NB.