[Tweeters] Edmonds Roundup - March 2023

Carol Riddell cariddellwa at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 21:15:41 PDT 2023

Hi Tweets,

As of the end of March, the Edmonds 2023 year list includes 123 species. In taxonomic order, these are the March additions:

Snow Goose (code 3), 85 seen flying over the Edmonds Interurban Trail, 3-16-23.

Northern Shoveler (code 1), 2 at Pine Ridge Park, 3-11-23.

California Quail (code 3), 1 calling in a north Edmonds neighborhood, 3-22-23.

Rufous Hummingbird (code 2), 1 in the Pine Ridge neighborhood, 3-22-23.

Turkey Vulture (code 3), 2 flying over a north Edmonds neighborhood, 3-13-23.

Tree Swallow (code 3), 2 at Edmonds marsh, 3-22-23.

Violet-green Swallow (code 1), 2 and 4 reported from two central and north Edmonds yards, 3-22-23.

Evening Grosbeak (code 3), 4 flying over the Edmonds Lake Ballinger neighborhood, 3-19-23.

As always, I appreciate it when birders get in touch with me to share sightings, photos, or audio. If you would like a copy of our 2023 city checklist, please request it from checklistedmonds at gmail dot com. (It reflects a species total of 280, including the Nazca Booby.) If eBirders will use the details field for unusual Edmonds birds, it will help us build the city year list. Photographs or recordings are also helpful. The 2023 checklist is posted in the bird information box at the Visitor Station at the base of the public pier. I will update it through March.

Good birding,

Carol Riddell
Edmonds, WA

Abundance codes: (1) Common, (2) Uncommon, (3) Harder to find, usually seen annually, (4) Rare, 5+ records, (5) Fewer than 5 records