[Tweeters] In shock

David Hutchinson florafaunabooks at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 14 19:02:17 PDT 2023

Hi all, this is a report on a bird species I saw this afternoon.
It was moving around in shrubby trees & bushes on the Oak
Trail by the South Bluff Overlook in Discovery Park.

When I saw it I thought right away that I had no idea what it
was and that it was something I had never seen before.
Having finally got hold of a Nat Geo, the bird looked like
the eunomus race of a male Dusky Thrush. It was very active,
flying quickly from branch to branch in open trees. If one said
"migratory restlessness" I could believe it.

As I was wheeling a wheelbarrow at the time, can't say I got
fine details But: Robin size, lot of snow white on head, whitish
on breast. A prominent black semi-circle higher on the breast.
Prominent rufous orange in side view, some blackish on back.
It flew off to the north. Looked like it was in passage.

David Hutchinson