[Tweeters] Blog Post - Tanzania Birding

B B birder4184 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 11:18:00 PDT 2023

In February, Cindy Bailey and I joined the Victor Emanuel Nature Tours trip to Tanzania.  Excellent trip over 21 days with lots of birds and lots of animals and we were fortunate to get lots of photos. It has taken many weeks to edit the photos, compile lists etc. so I have just started writing the trip up for my blog - blairbirding.com.  Just some highlights:  430 species seen (of which 70+ were lifers - due to overlap with previous trips to Kenya and South Africa) with photos of more than 75%.  Although we missed the big migration because the rains were late, there were thousands of animals as well including almost a hundred lions, 10 cheetahs, a leopard, and many many elephants. giraffes, hippos, antelopes and some of the few remaining Black Rhinos.
It is going to take a while to do all the posts.  Here is the first one which covers the flight over through Doha, Qatar and the first day.  More to come.
https://blairbirding.com/2023/04/17/africa-again-finally/

Blair Bernson