[Tweeters] JBLM Eagles Pride Golf Course Monthly Birdwalk - April 20 - 10th Anniversary

Denis DeSilvis avnacrs4birds at outlook.com
Mon Apr 17 12:43:59 PDT 2023

Hi Tweeters,

The Joint Base Lewis McChord (JBLM) Eagles Pride Golf Course (GC) birdwalk is scheduled for Thursday, April 20.

Much like the Billy Frank Jr., Nisqually FWR (20 years), and Michael Hobbs's Marymoor birding outings (30 years), the JBLM Eagle's Pride birdwalk has a celebration - 10 years - this year. In 2013, Dave W, then of JBLM Morale, Welfare, and Recreation organization, asked me if I'd be interested in leading a birdwalk at the Eagle's Pride GC. I toured the site with him and I thought this forested area could prove interesting to some folks. Our first formal walk around the area was April 2013, with just a couple of participants. Now, we have about 10-15 birders every month. In addition, we've found 107 species over the years - much to my surprise because I anticipated perhaps 60-70 species would be a likely number given it's mainly a golf course built within a typical Northwest forested area. Please join us this month or anytime!

The JBLM Eagles Pride GC birders meet the third Thursday of each month at 8:00AM<outlook-data-detector://2>. Starting point is Bldg # 1514, Driving Range Tee, Eagles Pride Golf Course, I-5 Exit 116, Mounts Road Exit. When you turn into the course entrance, take an immediate left onto the road to the driving range - that's where we meet.

Also, to remind folks that haven't been here before, you don't need any ID to attend these birdwalks. Hope you're able to make it!

May all your birds be identified,
Denis

Denis DeSilvis
Avnacrs 4 birds at outlook dot com