[Tweeters] Harlequin Duck

LMarkoff canyoneagle at mycci.net
Mon Apr 17 14:01:56 PDT 2023

Perhaps your Harlequin was migrating inland and made a brief stop at your place to rest? Harlequin Ducks nest inland, I once saw one on Smith Creek, which is at the top of the panhandle of Idaho.

Just for fun, here is the location of Smith Creek. https://goo.gl/maps/KEn7vifsXXdB4e6Y9

And here are a few photos of the Harlequin I saw there: https://www.flickr.com/gp/canyoneagle/44bAi14x05

Am very happy that you got such a gorgeous visitor to brighten your day!

Best wishes,

Lori Markoff