[Tweeters] No birds at our feeder.

Shelf Life Community Story Project info at shelflifestories.com
Sat Aug 12 16:24:59 PDT 2023

There’s a lot to eat this time of year - seeds, insects, etc.
I put up a little water mister in the shady part of my yard (near plants that like to be wet) and that has really brought all the birds to the yard, especially in this heat. I prefer the mister because the water doesn’t pool anywhere (which increases chance of contagion and/or drowning), but the birds can get plenty wet and quench their thirst. Earlier this summer, they were all parking their fledglings near the water feature each day - woodpeckers, robins, song sparrows, juncos, etc. Basically a baby bird waterpark. Right outside my officer window. I got nothing done.

Jill