[Tweeters] Brian Bell

Denis DeSilvis avnacrs4birds at outlook.com
Sun Aug 13 18:58:54 PDT 2023

I am so sorry to hear of Brian’s passing. Besides birding with him over the years, he and I shared a totally different background: We were both part of the Naval Security Group in a previous life. (This organization no longer exists but was instrumental during the Cold-war era.) Brian was a Cryptologic Technician (R) and I was a Cryptologic Technician (O). We both shared stories of our time in the Navy, and especially of the old Naval Security Group Activity, Skaggs Island (now a wildlife refuge on San Pablo Bay, CA, next to Sonoma). It was a great place to bird while doing Navy stuff!

Brian had just attended a JBLM Eagles Pride Golf Course birdwalk for the first time in June.

Farewell, my friend,
Denis

Denis DeSilvis
Avnacrs 4 birds at outlook dot com