[Tweeters] East 90 Uptick!

jimbetz at jimbetz.com jimbetz at jimbetz.com
Tue Aug 15 19:59:33 PDT 2023

Hi all,

I parked on the East 90 today for about 1/2 hour. I saw about 4
different RTH, 2 or 3 Harriers, and two or three TUVUs. This
was by far the most raptors at the East 90 in almost 4 months.
The "show" was pretty much continuous for the entire 1/2 hour.

A couple of the RTH seemed to be 'playing' (fighting? play
fighting?) with first one and then the other diving on the other
from above and the lower one 'escaping' by first diving down and
then using the speed to peel out in one direction or another. They
were different sizes so perhaps it was an adult training this year's
fledgling in the art of avoiding mobbing?

Did not see any SEOWs or Bald Eagles ... today.

I also saw a large flock of American Pelicans that were on the
point on the North end of that sand spit that run North along
the East side of Marches Point.
- Jim