[Tweeters] Shorebirds continue at Shillapoo Lake, Clark County

Jim Danzenbaker jdanzenbaker at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 11:48:56 PDT 2023

Hi Tweeters,

Yep, shorebirds continue at Shillapoo Lake in the Vancouver Lowlands of
southwest Clark County. 12 species this morning:

Semipalmated Plover - 2
Killdeer - 22
BAIRD'S SANDPIPER - 2 (my first ones for several years)
Least Sandpiper - 60
Semipalmated Sandpiper - 1
Western Sandpiper - 65 (the most I've seen in this county for a while)
Long-billed Dowitcher - 1
Wilson's Snipe - 2
Spotted Sandpiper - 1
Solitary Sandpiper - 1
Greater Yellowlegs - 5
Lesser Yellowlegs - 1

A single immature Bonaparte's Gull with still some brown on the nape was
fun to see. 165 American White Pelicans rounded out the show.

Location of Shillapoo Lake in ebird report:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S147482847

Keep your eyes and ears skyward.

Jim
--