[Tweeters] Unusual location for a Red-shouldered Hawk in Skamania Co

Stefan Schlick greenfant at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 29 16:01:50 PDT 2023

The last several years I have been going to South Prairie at the end of August for dragonflies. For the last 3 years, I've been hearing a Red-shouldered Hawk there. Well, today, I actually saw it: https://ebird.org/checklist/S148346878

This is at 3000ft, and generally deep timber, with the exception of a set of smallish openings. I believe the habitat is highly unusual for Red-shouldered Hawk; maybe it is a post-breeding location.

Stefan Schlick
Hillsboro, OR