[Tweeters] Twin Lakes Pine Siskins

Dee Dee deedeeknit at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 7 13:06:03 PST 2023

Enjoyed reading Hans’ post about Pine Siskins in Twin Lakes.

Yesterday (Wednesday) a flock of about 15-20 arrived in my Edmonds neighborhood and immediately started giving the Red-winged Blackbirds a run for the money on who would be intermittently (fortunately for our usual bunch of yard birds) dominating the feeder scene in our suburban garden, much like they did for a couple in winters of 2020-21. They were very sparse in 2022, so when the FOS loner showed up on 19 Nov, I was wondering (pocketbook half hoping) if there might be a repeat of the 2022 “siskin lull”.
Not to be, if the past couple of days are any indication. They are pretty and interesting little birds to watch, so will enjoy them for what they are, and consider it part of the entertainment budget….

While I’m Tweeters-ing, I’ll share what a pleasure it was to have had our first 2 White-throated Sparrows visit the yard this Fall (got photos of each—2 different individuals, both posted in e-Bird). First from 30 Oct - 5 Nov, the 2nd from 19 Nov - 3 Dec. Having read posts about them more and more in this area, I’d been hoping one would eventually show up—well, no complaints now!

Dee Warnock
Edmonds