[Tweeters] Port Townsend Pygmy Nuthatch and other birds

Steve Hampton stevechampton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 13:47:13 PST 2023

All,

Thanks in part to sunny, calm weather, I relocated the long-staying PYGMY
NUTHATCH in Port Townsend, still high in the conifers near Kuhn and Landes,
55th and 56th. Most easily found by hearing it first.

In other news, the other day there was a YELLOW-BILLED LOON between Indian
Island and Oak Bay Co Park. My recommendation for finding this bird is to
look south from Indian Island (the parking lot closest to the bridge to the
mainland), ideally on a calm and overcast day (due to sun angle).

There's also a ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK wintering along Center Rd for the 2nd
winter. It's been seen from Short Farm to Egg & I Rd.
A solo TUNDRA SWAN is sometimes among the TRUMPETERS there.

good birding,

--
Steve Hampton
Port Townsend, WA (qatáy)