[Tweeters] Bird ID Help Requested - settled

jimbetz at jimbetz.com jimbetz at jimbetz.com
Sat Dec 16 10:50:08 PST 2023

Thanks to the several of you who replied,

It is, in fact, a Spotted Sandpiper. I was fooled/didn't know about the
fact that they don't have spots when in non-breeding. Someone asked "was
it bobbing?" and I don't know. I was focused on getting a photo of the
Black-Necked Stilt and didn't really think about "that other bird in the
frame". That picture was taken from a boat on the Rio Ameca that was
moving downstream and under power ... so it was "grab the photo when you
can" ... !
- thanks again, Jim

Quoting jimbetz at jimbetz.com: