[Tweeters] odd gull, off-topic because out of area, but still...

Gary Bletsch garybletsch at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 18 16:08:30 PST 2023

Dear Tweeters,
Today, the 18th December 2023, there was an odd gull with 560 Bonaparte's Gulls at Barcelona Harbor, Western NY. That's on the Great Lakes, Lake Erie, to be precise.
If we had anything comparable to Tweeters over here, I'd post this to a local list-serve, but we don't.
Here's the link to my eBird checklist.
eBird Checklist - 18 Dec 2023 - Barcelona Harbor - 12 species (+1 other taxa)

I'd love to hear from any gull aficionados as to their best ideas on ID. I have some ideas of my own, but would love to hear what others think.
Yours truly,
Gary Bletsch