[Tweeters] David Cook's post was superb & useful; Tweeters could legalize and encourage more like it

Dennis Paulson dennispaulson at comcast.net
Wed Dec 27 11:26:45 PST 2023

Wasn’t there some talk of making attachments possible in tweeters? We don’t want to drag it down by posting great numbers of photos, but if messages could contain one or a couple of bird photos, I wonder if that would raise the number of posts and allow it to compete with eBird and WhatsApp and Facebook groups for attention in the birding community.

I also consider it sad that so few rare birds are reported on Tweeters now, a real loss for people who don’t check eBird or belong to a WhatsApp group. And I suppose some of the social aspects of Tweeters has been taken over by the Facebook groups.

This is cultural evolution happening before our very eyes.

Dennis Paulson
Seattle