[Tweeters] My Quest for 1000 Species in 2023

B B birder4184 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 27 14:29:37 PST 2023

In late October I discovered that I had seen 918 species in the World in 2023 - thanks mostly to trips to Tanzania and Indonesia plus local birding in Washington (far less than usual).  I had never seen 1000 species in any one year before - so of course I had to go for it.  I could not take any long (even all day trips) for all of November so I decided to head to Jalisco Mexico (Puerto Vallarta) in December.
These two Blog Posts set the stage for the Mexican Trip and also cover some birding on a non-birding trip to Italy in October where there were of course at least a few birds to go with lots of wine, pasta and sights.  In Mexico I birded with Greg Homel of Natural Encounters Birding Tours - a phenomenal guide and really fun person that I can recommend with highest marks to everyone.  There will be blog posts to follow about that fantastic trip to Mexico.
https://blairbirding.com/2023/12/25/before-the-project-italy-and-then/

https://blairbirding.com/2023/12/27/a-new-project-and-quest-south-of-the-border-precursors-and-arrival/