[Tweeters] Report from WA coast

Mark Ahlness mahlness at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 18:23:09 PST 2023

In the better late than never category, with a nudge to my conscience
(thanks Ed)... here are a few highlights from our Dec 12-15 to the
Washington Coast, on the north side of Grays Harbor....

- SNOWY PLOVERS (26) at Griffiths-Priday State Park, on Copalis Beach on
Dec 13th, just south of the Copalis River mouth. Scoped and photographed,
surprised to see that not one was banded. Video of a few -
https://youtu.be/DVioEg1fXt8 and ebird report here -
https://ebird.org/checklist/S156659888 - bird of the trip for me
- ROCK SANDPIPERS (7) at Pt Brown Jetty in Ocean Shores on Dec 14. We
documented 7 - could have been a couple more. Video here -
https://youtu.be/Jzx0IgPbp6o and ebird report here -
https://ebird.org/checklist/S157117934 - bird of the trip for Janeanne
- GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GEESE at Hoquiam STP - We saw 40 on the way out
on the 12th and about half that many on the way home on the 15th. Gorgeous,
and very close. On the 15th a PEREGRINE chased a flock of 39 LONG BILLED
DOWITCHERS around: https://flic.kr/p/2pnSKXx and video
https://flic.kr/p/2pnZkdq

We were blessed with beautiful weather. What a gorgeous place it is! For a
look at our whole trip, visit the Flickr album (76 photos, 11 videos)
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjB6HAP - Please note that most of the photos were
taken by Janeanne.

Sending best wishes to all, and high hopes for a great year in 2024!

Mark Ahlness and Janeanne Houston
West Seattle
mahlness at gmail.com