[Tweeters] Swans and geese in Skagit County

Jay E jaybham52 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 14:46:28 PST 2023

Just another group of observations from Skagit in and around Fir Island
today, 12/30.

1. Many 100s to 1000s snow geese flying in loose formations in groups of
about 50-200. We saw some land south of Maupin Road but could not find
them on the ground. They kept coming as we were leaving and they appeared
to be coming from the west.

2. Small group of Ross's Geese seen just north of Maupin Road from
48°20'28.0"N 122°25'56.0"W. They decided to fly off to the west after we
got some good looks. I have some pictures but have not yet posted
anything.

3. Many groups of Trumpeter swans on the ground and flying. We looked
hard but could not find any Tundra swans in the groups.

4. We were looking for the Golden eagle that has been reported near Polson
Road and Dry Slough, but no luck today.

Jay E.
Bellingham, WA