[Tweeters] Possible Black Swift?

Steve Loitz steveloitz at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 20:07:27 PDT 2023

21 years ago, we saw Black Swifts in a remote part of the Olympic National
Park during a mountaineering traverse. More specifically, the sighting was
from a ridge top north of Bear Pass, on the Bailey Range Traverse, 2 tough
days from the nearest trail. The BLSW Birdweb range map is one of several
that may be incomplete because there are few experienced birders who also
travel in the high mountains. I have never seen a BLSW forage near an
alpine or subalpine lake. IME, a more typical BLSW ID is an aerial sighting
far above the ground, usually from a high ridge, cliff or other area with
great relief.

--
Steve Loitz
Ellensburg, WA