[Tweeters] Theler wetlands bird

Linda Mullen linda.mullen at outlook.com
Fri Jul 14 14:33:46 PDT 2023

Hi Tweets,

Yesterday and today, I was at Theler Wetlands and am pretty sure I saw about six Common Snipe along the river, but in checking E-bird, it doesn’t look like they have been seen there. They had dark heads and a white eye stripe, light legs and dark bill. Long-billed dowitchers have been reported there, but the coloration doesn’t seem right. What I saw wasn’t that rufous-y.

I’m happy to be corrected or confirmed. Any thoughts from those of you out there who know more than I do?

Linda Mullen