[Tweeters] Wednesday walkabout.

Kenneth Brown kenbrownpls at comcast.net
Thu Jul 20 19:56:22 PDT 2023

It was a wreck, actually two wrecks on I-5 that set the tone for the Wednesday Walk. The attendees coming from parts north had an easier time getting to the Refuge, for those of us coming from the south, it was a different reality. My normally 10-15 minute commute took 3 hours, I was not alone in my frustration. Consequently many fewer attended than is typical, and those that did arrived at times staggered over a 2 hour time span. We were not a cohesive group. But the birds don't care. It was warm, bordering on hot with only a slight breeze. Most of the ducks are gone, but shorebirds are beginning Fall migration. We may be in the summer doldrums but better times are coming. The following list is a compilation of the observations of 3 small groups. Reconciliation of overlapping observation was attempted.

Billy Frank Jr. Nisqually NWR, Thurston, Washington, US
Jul 19, 2023 8:30 AM - 3:40 PM
Protocol: Traveling
6.0 mile(s)
53 species (+2 other taxa)