[Tweeters] Tom Johnson

Rob Faucett robfaucett at mac.com
Wed Jul 26 02:47:06 PDT 2023

Hi Jane - It was indeed. What a terrible day for the birding world, worse for those of us who knew him well and worst of all for Melissa. They were planning to get married less than two months. : (

Hello family and friends. It is with an absolutely shattered and broken heart that I write these words. Early Sunday morning, Tom went into medical distress at our home in Cape May. Paramedics arrived while he was still conscious, but unfortunately, he deteriorated and they were unable to save him. I do not have the words to articulate how shocked and devastated I am, and I’m so sorry to pass those feelings on to you now. Tom was, truly, the best person I’ve ever known. He was incredibly kind to everyone he met, whether you were lifelong friends or a stranger on the trail. His passion and knowledge for the natural world were hard to rival, and he taught me something new every single day. We had so many plans for our future, and right now, I just don’t know how I’m supposed to be in this world without him. He was too young, too talented, and too good to be gone this soon. I am lucky to be surrounded by our family and friends at this time, and we will update as plans for his memorial service take shape. Thank you, and I’m sorry.

--
Rob Faucett
206-619-5569